Deadline for Abstracts: May 1st, 2020
All organized session proposals should be submitted electronically by e-mail to SSILA Program Committee Administrator Martin Kohlberger (email@example.com). Any queries prior to the submission deadline can also be sent to this e-mail address. Proposals should be submitted in English.
Authors of successful SSILA session proposals may wish to submit their proposals to the LSA for co-sponsorship. Please note that the LSA deadline for organized sessions is on May 15th. The SSILA committee will make a decision about these proposals before the LSA submission deadline. For more information on submitting organized session proposals to the LSA 2021 Annual Meeting, see the LSA website.
Guidelines (back to top)
The proposal must indicate whether it is intended to be a joint SSILA/LSA session or a SSILA session only, and should include:
- a session title;
- the type of session (e.g. symposium, workshop, tutorial, datablitz, etc.);
- the name, affiliation and e-mail addresses of organizers;
- the session length (either 1.5 hours or 3 hours);
- a session abstract of up to 1000 words outlining the purpose and motivation for the session, as well as the social impacts (e.g. contribution to community goals, broader outcomes);
- names and affiliations of all participants, their role (paper presenter, introducer, moderator, discussant, etc.), and the titles of papers;
- a complete timetable (note that organized sessions do not have to follow the 20-minute paper + 10-minute discussion format, but the presentation format should be clearly described);
- 200-500 word abstracts for each paper or poster presentation.
All organizers and presenters must be members of SSILA in order for their proposal to be accepted. (Join SSILA here!) The membership requirement may be waived for co-authors, or for participants in organized sessions, who are from disciplines other than those ordinarily represented by SSILA (linguistics and linguistic anthropology). Requests for waivers of membership must be made by a member of the Society to the SSILA Secretary Mary Linn (firstname.lastname@example.org).